The Association of Community Ministries (ACM) serves all of Jefferson County and has been the principal distributor of emergency assistance to individuals and families facing a crisis. The ACM is the network of Area Community Ministries such as EACM.
Below is part of the statement released by the ACM in response to the COVID-19 epidemic:
"Our neighborhood-based offices will remain open during this challenging time while also taking precautions to reduce the risk to our clients, volunteers, and staff. People will continue to need food, housing, water, and electricity and we cannot turn our backs on those who will feel the economic consequences of the Coronavirus epidemic most drastically. We will use the most caution and practice social distancing by communicating on the phone and over the computer. For those who do not have either of those, we will find a safe way to communicate."
Bottom line: we're here to help and we aren't going anywhere!
At the "learn more" link below, you can:
- Find out how the ACM is preparing to meet the increased demand for services due to COVID-19.
- Get help with emergency assistance with food, rent, or utilities by connecting with the community ministry in your area.
- Find a place to volunteer your time or donate to support this response.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest news from the ACM.
- If you know someone who needs help, direct them here.